Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lazy Me

This month I have been preparing to move. My kitchen and house have been in such a disarray which has caused my blog, my life, my focus to suffer. You would think I was all work ORGANIZING, PACKING, CLEANING, but that hasn't been the case. I have spent the majority of my time watching Korean dramas, drinking Starbucks frappuccinos , McDonald's Ice coffee, baking cakes, .....and watching more Korean drama. I did do some packing at one point, but I have since opened those boxes looking for random things. I am just so unmotivated to get on task.
Just this last Tuesday I made this Red Velvet cake for a women's support group so I have technically done something memorable.
 Sorry everyone I will confess it was a box mix cake so you will I find no recipe for Red Velvet. However, I did make the Cream Cheese frosting - I used about:
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter
4 oz cream cheese
vanilla to taste (clear vanilla to keep the frosting white)
A bit of milk at the end (if needed)
I whipped this up with an electric mixer then covered my cake. It was just enough for the job. When I was spreading it over the cake it wasn't as white as it became after hardening in the fridge. The swirly look was an accident, but really impressed me. I did have to make a little bit more frosting for the star kisses; One egg white made with meringue powder, clear vanilla, powdered sugar a bit of milk and about a spoon full of cream cheese. I made this a bit stiff and worried it wouldn't pipe properly, but I was wrong it almost was to soft. I quickly did my decoration and used white chocolate chips for accents in between the frosting kisses. I was surprised how nice it looked, this was a last minute cake and my hopes hadn't been to high.
 I am not sure what is going to happen with the big move and all. I hope to take pictures of the place before and after we move in. I am excited about a bigger kitchen and the fact we will be in a house not an apartment!  I am also expecting a lot more work being in a more country environment. This could be one of the reasons for my current "Vacation Mode".

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOoooo love the creamy whiteness! Okay okay so I gotta make your white cake AND your white frosting now lol.

    ReplyDelete