Saturday, March 26, 2011

Heaven for Hands

Last Thursday a few of us got together and made body cream. This idea had been floating around since my good friend Annie whipped up a batch with a friend months back. I will admit I thought it would be difficult and too much of a hassle to get the ingredients, I was wrong. We made the cream in no time and Annie had all the stuff ready. I only had to bring a little extra Orange blossom and Rose water!

The recipe is called  Rosemary's perfect cream .
We didn't have the Lanolin and we added a bit of my Prada perfume,
but for the most part we stuck to the recipe.


A food processor is a must for this recipe. The oil  and the waters have to be combined extremely well. For me, it was like witnessing lotion alchemy. The cream just appears and firms up even more after a few hours. I used mine after washing dishes that night and was surprised how much the consistency changed.
My hands became GOLDEN


The super cute jars came from Marshall's of all places.  I am very impressed and plan on making more I am thinking lemongrass verbena or green tea and fig. I am now on the hunt for scents.

The Serious Sleeper
Not everyone was a fan of this project. Little Boo boo was not happy about this, to much girl stuff. I think he is dreaming of being with the guys. Soon he will be with his father eating meat and drinking tea, but until then he has to bide his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment